Northeast Offshore Cup "Rules"
All captains, anglers, mates and spectators (“Participants”) aboard a Northeast Offshore Cup, LLC (“Tournament”) registered boat (“Team”) shall be responsible to abide by all Tournament Rules. Participants shall maintain a sportsmanlike behavior and respect fellow competitors at all times. Any Participant who fails to follow any Rules shall subject the Participant and Team to disqualification from the Tournament and any future Tournaments, and shall forfeit any right to any prizes, awards or refunds. All rulings, decisions and interpretations of any Rule are within the sole discretion of the Tournament and final. Tournament Founders, Owners, Committee Members, and Sponsors may be Participants and are eligible for any prizes and/or awards.
· Schedule: Fishing Days are July 1, 2019, 12:01am – August 31, 2019, 11:59pm
· Boundaries: Teams may only fish within the Tournament Boundaries: South of 42°30N, North of 39°00N & West of 67°30W (Toms Canyon to Lydonia Canyon). (Boundary Map)
· Teams and Participants must abide by the Tournament “Rules” and “Trip Instructions” to qualify for points (according to “Scoring & Points”) and Prizes (according to “Entry & Prizes”). A member of each Team shall participate in a Captain’s Conference Call with an Offshore Cup representative and sign a digital acknowledgement prior to registering their first Trip.
· One registered boat is allowed per Team. Teams may request to substitute another boat in the case of boat issues. Any substitutions must be authorized by the Tournament. There is NO limit to the amount of Participants per Team and Participants may fish on multiple Teams.
· Teams may fish a maximum of 100 Hours in any combination of Trips (dock-to-dock).
· Trips may be cancelled at any time by calling the Tournament and receiving verbal or text confirmation from the Tournament. Any hours of a Trip cancelled within 4hrs of Trip Start Video shall NOT count towards the 100hr Trip Allowance. Any Trip cancelled after 4 Hours of Trip Start Video shall count towards the Team’s 100hr Trip Allowance, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL 6 HOURS. If a Team does NOT submit a Trip End Video prior to the end of their maximum 100hr Trip Allowance, that Trip shall be disqualified and count towards the 100hr Trip Allowance.
· In the case of any ties, the Team that achieves the winning score first, according to Trip End Time, shall determine the winner.
· All Participants are expected to be familiar with the IGFA Salt Water Angling Rules. IGFA Rules apply unless otherwise stated herein.
· Maximum 130lb main line. Leaders are to be no longer than 30 ft. in total length (40 ft. including double line).
· An angler will be allowed to "hook and hand" the rod to only ONE different angler soon after setting the hook, who then must fight and bring the fish to the gaff or leader unaided by any other person (excluding gaff and leader man). Inadvertent and accidental touching of the leader, rod, reel or angler by another participant shall NOT constitute a violation or disqualification, so long as such action does not substantially assist or contribute to the catch.
· Harpoons ARE allowed, but ONLY AFTER a valid catch, which shall consist of a crew member touching the leader or leader/swivel touching the rod tip.
· Spreader Bars ARE allowed, but must only contain one hook.
· All fish must be caught on a rod and reel, hook and line. The use of hand lines, rope, nets, and any other means of fish capture other than rod and reel are strictly prohibited. Fish CANNOT be fought from the rod holder.
· Electric reels may only be used for teasers, dredges and planers WITHOUT hooks and NOT for fighting fish. Greensticks are prohibited.
· Any and all protests must be submitted to the Tournament within 24hrs of the end of the Tournament. Decisions and rulings on protests are at the sole discretion of the Tournament.
· There is no weather committee. All Participants are responsible for making their own decisions regarding weather, and do so at their own risk.
· All Teams and Participants consent to the use of any photographs or videos in which Boat or Participant appear for any purpose whatsoever and further releases the Tournament and its officials from any loss, injury or damage that may result therefrom.
· All Teams and Participants consent to and may be subject to a lie detector test for the verification of Rules compliance. If any Participant refuses a lie detector, that Participant and Team shall be subject to disqualification and shall forfeit any right or potential right to any prizes, awards or refund of any registration fees.
· Any cash prizes shall be paid by check and shall only be paid once a Team has submitted a valid IRS Form W-9 designating one single payee. The Tournament accepts no responsibility for the division of cash prizes or any other awards between Team members.
ALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BOATING AND PARTICIPATING IN AN OFFSHORE FISHING TOURNAMENT IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND AGREE WITH AND CONSENT TO ABIDE BY THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT AND THAT ALL TEAMS, PARTICPANTS AND THEIR HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE AND NEXT OF KIN HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER AND RELEASE FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY NORTHEAST OFFSHORE CUP, LLC, ITS OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, AND ALL OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN THIS TOURNAMENT, ALL SPONSORING AGENCIES, SPONSERS, ADVERTISERS, AND IF APPLICABLE THE OWNERS AND LESSORS OF THE PREMISES USED TO CONDUCT THE TOURNAMENT AND ANY TOURNAMENT EVENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISBABILITY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY INCURRED BY THE PARTICIPANT OF ANY TYPE OR KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH OR RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE. FURTHER, ALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS ALL RELEASEES AGAINST ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, DEMANDS, JUDGEMENTS, COSTS, LOSSES AND EXPENSE INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES TO WHICH THE RELEASEES MAY BE SUBJECT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIMS FOR ANY INJURY OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON OR PERSONS, INCLUDING THIRD PARTIES OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY OR OTHERWISE AND INDEMNIFY ALL RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL OF THE FOREGOING ARISING OUT OF THE PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS TOURNAMENT. ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGISTRATION AND DECISIONS ON ANY RULES OR SCORING IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT AND NORTHEAST OFFSHORE CUP, LLC. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILTY OF ALL PARTICIPANTS TO ABIDE BY ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS IN THEIR AREA.