All captains, anglers, mates or spectators (“Participants”) aboard a Northeast Offshore Cup, LLC (“Tournament”) registered boat (“Team”) shall be responsible to abide by all Tournament Rules. Participants are expected to maintain a reasonable and sportsmanlike behavior at all times throughout the Tournament and Tournament events. Participants are to respect fellow competitors at all times and reasonable distance should be kept from all Teams fighting fish. Any Participant who fails to follow any Rules shall subject the Participant and/or Team to expulsion and/or disqualification, upon the sole determination of the Tournament, from this and any future Tournaments, and shall forfeit any right or potential right to any prizes, awards or refunds. All decisions are within the sole discretion of the Tournament.
Tournament Founders, Owners, Rules Committee, and Sponsors may be Participants and may be rewarded any prizes and/or awards
- Schedule: Fishing Days are July 15, 2017 – September 15, 2017
- Boundaries: North of 39°15N (Hudson Canyon) & West of 68°00W (Oceanographer Canyon) and out to 1000 Fathoms.
- One registered boat is allowed per Team. Teams may request to substitute another boat in the case of boat issues. Any substitutions must be authorized by the Tournament. There is NO limit to the amount of Participants per Team. Participant may fish on multiple Teams.
- Teams may fish 20hr Day-Trips (dock-to-dock) and/or 40hr Overnight-Trips (dock-to-dock), in which Points are obtained by catching different species. Teams may fish any combination of 20hr Day-Trips and 40hr Overnight-Trips that total up to 80hrs (“80hr Trip Allowance"). A Team's Total Points shall consist of the total amount of Points obtained in the allotted 80hr Trip Allowance. Teams are not required to fish all 80hrs.
- Teams must register their Trips via the Tournament Mobile App or Website. See Trip Instructions for further details.
- Teams MUST video document ALL fish. See Catch Video Instructions for further details
- The Tournament strongly supports and encourages all Marlin to be released.
- In case ties, winners will be determined by the Team that achieved the winning score first, according to Trip End Video submission time.
- All Participants are expected to be familiar with the IGFA Salt Water Angling Rules. IGFA Rules apply unless otherwise stated herein.
- Maximum 130lb main line. Leaders are to be no longer than 30 ft. in total length, which shall include any wind-on, or any other type of leader. Refer to IGFA Salt Water Angling Rules for further information and specifics
- An angler will be allowed to "hook and hand" the rod to ONE different angler soon after setting the hook, who then must fight and bring the fish to the gaff or leader unaided by any other person (excluding gaff and leader man).
- Harpoons ARE allowed, but ONLY AFTER a valid leadering, with a crew member touching leader or leader/swivel touching rod tip.
Spreader Bars ARE allowed, but must only contain one hook.
- All fish must be caught on a rod and reel, hook and line. The use of hand lines, rope, nets, and any other means of fish capture other than rod and reel are strictly prohibited. Fish CANNOT be fought from the rod holder.
- Electric reels may only be used for teasers, dredges and planers WITHOUT hooks and NOT for fighting fish. Greensticks are prohibited.
- Any and all protests must be submitted to the Tournament within 24hrs of the end of the Tournament fishing days. Protests will cost $500 and proceeds will go to the designated Tournament charities. Decisions and rulings on protests are at the sole discretion of the Tournament
- There is no weather committee. All Participants are responsible for making their own decisions regarding weather, and do so at their own risk
- All Teams and Participants consent to the use of any photographs or videos in which he/she appears for any purpose whatsoever and further releases the Tournament and its officials from any loss, injury or damage that may result from said pictures or videos.
- All Teams and Participants consent to and may be subject to a lie detector test for the verification of Rules compliance. If any Participant refuses a lie detector, that Participant and Team shall be subject to disqualification and shall forfeit any right or potential right to any prizes, awards or refund of any registration fees.
- Any cash prizes shall be paid by check and Teams must designate one payee to submit an IRS Form W-9 to the Tournament prior to receiving payment. The Tournament accepts no responsibility for the division of cash prizes or any other awards between Team members.
- ALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BOATING AND PARTICIPATING IN AN OFFSHORE FISHING TOURNAMENT IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND AGREE WITH AND CONSENT TO ABIDE BY THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT AND THAT ALL TEAMS, PARTICPANTS AND THEIR HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE AND NEXT OF KIN HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER AND RELEASE FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY NORTHEAST OFFSHORE CUP, LLC, ITS OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, AND ALL OTHER PARTICIPANTS IN THIS TOURNAMENT, ALL SPONSORING AGENCIES, SPONSERS, ADVERTISERS, AND IF APPLICABLE THE OWNERS AND LESSORS OF THE PREMISES USED TO CONDUCT THE TOURNAMENT AND ANY TOURNAMENT EVENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISBABILITY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY INCURRED BY THE PARTICIPANT OF ANY TYPE OR KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH OR RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE. FURTHER, ALL TOURNAMENT PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS ALL RELEASEES AGAINST ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, DEMANDS, JUDGEMENTS, COSTS, LOSSES AND EXPENSE INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES TO WHICH THE RELEASEES MAY BE SUBJECT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIMS FOR ANY INJURY OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON OR PERSONS, INCLUDING THIRD PARTIES OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY OR OTHERWISE AND INDEMNIFY ALL RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL OF THE FOREGOING ARISING OUT OF THE PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS TOURNAMENT. ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGISTRATION AND DECISIONS ON ANY RULES OR SCORING IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT AND NORTHEAST OFFSHORE CUP, LLC. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILTY OF ALL PARTICIPANTS TO ABIDE BY ALL LAWS AND REGULATIONS IN THEIR AREA.